One a Day Through Work and Play

The Quest? To take ONE PICTURE every day.
Because every day is: a story to tell
an adventure to embark upon
a SONG to sing
a poem to recite
a walk to remember
BECAUSE PICTURES ARE MEMORIES, AND MEMORIES CAN'T BE DELETED...
...because life is short, so why wait to tell your story?

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 12: A Day with my Mammas!


So the first part of my day today was spent shopping in Jacksonville with my mom.

Let me tell you something!

They might as well resize EVERYTHING. Mediums should become the new smalls, larges the new mediums and so on and so forth. Because NOWHERE sells smalls! NOwhere. You know what I think? I think I am a very healthy human being. I have a healthy weight and I stay in generally good shape. Therefore one would think that I should be able to find clothes that fit me. But guess what? I can't because everyone else is fat! If you're an offended fat male you should leave the blog now because I'm about to keep going (or you can just skip the next two paragraphs).

I'm not just talking about t-shirts. That's only the beginning of my frustration. Pants are even worse. Why is it that they sell an abundance of 40 x 29 and not a single 30 x 30? I am of the opinion that if your waste is 40 inches and your legs are 29 inches you should have two options. 1) Custom order your clothes to fit your disproportional body or 2) LOSE WEIGHT!

The problem with obesity in America is not that we overeat, overindulge, and sit around and watch television all day. The problem with obesity in America is that we've made it acceptable to BE obese. If we go back and start making living with obesity a challenge like it used to be, I can assure you we would see a shift in the statistics.

Enough about that!

The next part of my day was going for my college physical. Way too many shots for me! My arms and finger are still sore and it made dancing very very painful at Cinderella rehearsal.

That was the next part of my day with my OTHER mamma Mrs. Amanda Rector who is playing the Queen in the show. My favorite scene in the show is a scene we share together after Cinderella has disappeared and can't be found anywhere in the kingdom. Rehearsal kind of lasted forever it seemed but maybe that's just because I was so tired from shopping.

Tomorrow has barely any plans so we'll just see where the road takes me. I hope you enjoy the picture today of my two lovely dogs, Chessie (an incredibly overweight beagle) and Scooter (a shaggy mut who is the closest thing to the love of my life).

1 comment:

  1. Mkay, dear. We need to have a little discussion. First, I'll have you know that they DO make size 30x30, I've come across them many a time. Second, a lot of people don't CHOOSE to be obese. And everyone's definition of "fat" is different. To many, you're just too scrawny. Maybe you should gain some weight before telling everyone else to lose it.
    It's not that I took offense to it, it's that you need to see it from another perspective. Honestly, its comments like this that make people feel fat and go on binge diets that are actually rather unhealthy for one's body. Not everyone is meant to be a stick figure, and some people are happy with the way they look. Who are you to judge them and call them "fat"?

    ReplyDelete